This page summarizes the steps you'll need to take to get started with the Frame.io API for the first
time. As a starting point, you'll of course need to ensure that you have a Frame.io account (i.e. you can sign into Frame.io).
To confirm that your token is working, go ahead and make a test call:
In response, you should see your user information.
Once you're set to start working, these guides are the most common starting point for the majority of integration use cases:
- Retrieve the Root Asset ID for a Project
- Read Directory Lists and File Trees
- Upload an Asset to Frame.io
- Python SDK: Frame.io offers an SDK in Python to make getting started with our API easier, including abstraction of key concepts like pagination and rate limiting. This project is available on PyPI, so
pip installand off you go!
- Python CLI: If you'd prefer to work from the command line FIOCTL is also available on PyPI.
If you're not sure about building right away, you can check out our Developer Forum on Spectrum.chat. Our community is full of developers, tinkerers, and creative professionals who have built, or are building awesome integrations using Frame.io's API combined with a variety of other workflow tools.
Glitch is an online tool that allows you to collaboratively create and run apps without having to set up your own server. If you've never worked with Glitch before, you can learn more here: Get Started with Glitch.
Zapier is a great workflow tool for connecting Frame.io with over 2,000 other systems, with no code required. While it's naturally more limited than writing integrations from scratch, it's a great way to start exploring the potential of working with Frame.io's platform tools.
Updated about a month ago