If this is your first time using the Frame.io Platform, check out our Quick Start instructions.
Frame.io is the cloud collaboration tool for professional video teams -- everything you need to keep the creative process moving, all in a single workbench, accessible from anywhere. With Frame.io, you can securely upload, share, and review film projects, enabling your full operation to run at the speed of creativity.
Not every creative team, process, or software stack is exactly the same. That's where our Developer Platform comes in. The Frame.io Developer Platform allows you to handle common tasks using our API. Some popular use cases developers have used our API for include automatically adding existing files or folders to the Frame.io app, uploading new content, and managing teams.
The current version of the Frame.io API is
v2. Over time, we may introduce new paths, versions, or sub versions. We will not break anything in flight without clearly communicating backwards compatibility, a deprecation path, or both.
This section walks through some of the more granular tasks that you'll need to complete workflows featured in our Guides.
- Retrieve the Root Asset ID for a Project - Every creative project starts with a Frame.io Project, and every Project is anchored to a
- Read Directory Lists and File Trees - Once you're anchored in a Project, you can traverse the whole Project to read out a file structure.
- Upload an Asset to Frame.io - Now that you can navigate to a specific destination, you have everything you need to start uploading media.
Guides describe more complex activities that assume a basic working knowledge of Frame.io's API and best-practice workflows.
- Create and Work with Review Links
- Manage Team Members and Collaborators
- Manage Version Stacks
- Scrape All Comments From a Project
- Work with Annotations
- Work with Audit Logs
Frame.io's Developer Platform offers a few options you can use to extend your workflows into other tools, or to create whole new features:
Webhooks provide a way to leverage events that occur inside of Frame.io into notifications that can be sent to external systems for processing, API callback, and workflow automation. We offer two ways to work with webhooks. You can build something yourself or you can use Zapier.
- Webhooks - Webhooks expose Frame.io events to external URLs for consumption and processing.
- Zapier - An online automation tool that allows you to connect over 1,000 common apps and tools without writing code.
We have a Webhooks Example App on Github that you can use as a starting point if you'd like to build your own receiver.
- Custom Actions allow you to build integrations directly into Frame.io as programmable UI components. They're technically very similar to Webhooks, and are a great way to extend your Frame.io workflows.
We love projects created by you! If you've built something cool that you want to share with the community, come share it in our developer forum.
Updated 3 months ago
|Sign up for an Account|